As we age we lose volume in the skin in the brow and forehead area, this can make the eyelids appear heavier and the eyes smaller. In some cases, skin sagging in the brow area may also lead to changes in the normal field of vision.
Dermal filler injections are intended to replace volume in loose skin and wrinkles to help elevate the eye brows and restore them to their original position. Our brow lift procedures help elevate the brow and give a more youthful appearance to the eyes.
WHO ARE THE POTENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR BROW LIFT PROCEDURE?
Brow lift procedure is usually recommended to adults who start to show signs of ageing in the brow area and are generally in a status of good health to go through with the treatment
Most patients who consider undergoing a brow lift procedure prefer a non-invasive technique to enhance areas along their brow line such as dermal filler injections as opposed to surgical means as it may take longer time to heal and may leave unwanted scars.
Individuals who are interested or have any questions regarding the procedure must consult with an experienced doctor to answer their enquiries.
WHAT TO EXPECT BEFORE, DURING AND AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
Before the Procedure
Our clinician will assess your case to be able to recommend the type and brand of dermal filler injections that will suit you perfectly.
Most patients undergo regular injections of dermal fillers to maintain the youthful arch of their eyebrow as the effects of treatment may slowly relapse over time.
During the Procedure
- An anesthetic cream will be applied into the pre-determined area of treatment involving the brow area and forehead.
- Multiple small injections of dermal fillers will then be administered into the treated area until it is uniformly dispersed for an even look. The volume of dermal fillers to be injected will depend mostly on the extent of skin sagging and desired result.
The procedure is performed at one of our clinics and completed once the wrinkles are filled in and the desired amount of increase in skin volume is achieved. There can also be a noticeable enhancement in the brow line contour. Dermal filler treatment session usually lasts for less than an hour.
After the Procedure
Once the session is done, you may expect the following
- There is relatively no down time so you can go home or back to work right after the procedure.
- Visible results may be seen immediately once the session is completed.
Effects of treatment may only endure up to a year since the body normally absorbs the administered solution over time. The treated area will then eventually return to its pre-treatment appearance so regular injections will be needed to maintain results.
WHAT ARE THE POTENTIAL RISKS AND COMPLICATIONS?
Patients who undergo dermal filler injections may experience the following side effects:
These symptoms usually resolve a day or two after the procedure and can be masked using make-up.
Complications involving the use of dermal fillers are typically rare although in some cases it may result to:
- Allergic reactions
- Formation of lumps beneath the skin due to the shifting of the administered dermal fillers from the treated area to nearby areas. This is often resolved by massaging the area.
It is important not to touch or rub the treated areas after dermal fillers are injected to lessen the risks of developing unwanted complications.
For more information or to book an appointment, contact one of our clinics and chat to our friendly staff today.