This treatment involves an injection of dermal fillers into the chin area to modify its contour thereby making it look more visually balanced and/or prominent. Administration of these fillers will increase skin volume in the chin to make it more enhanced and defined. Chin augmentation treatment through the use of dermal fillers can either make the chin look chiseled (mostly preferred by male clients) or create more subtle contours (mostly preferred by female clients).
At Total Face Group, we have clinics in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Canberra
that are dedicated to offering chin enhancement treatment to enable patients to look and feel the way they want.
WHO ARE THE POTENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR CHIN ENHANCEMENT?
Chin augmentation treatments are recommended for the following clients:
- Adults who have concerns with the shape of their chin and wish to modify it.
- Adults with less prominent or defined chins due to the natural process of ageing or weight instability.
- Adults who prefer a more chiseled or softer chin contours.
- Adults who desires to correct irregularities in their chins.
In general, male and female adults are good candidates to undergo chin enhancement injections provided that they are in a good overall health condition. Dermal filler injections are a good means of achieving the desired results of chin augmentation without the need to undergo invasive procedures.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM CHIN ENHANCEMENT?
It is always important to understand what to expect throughout the course of treatments as this may not only alleviate anxieties but can also lessen the possible risks and complications associated with such a treatment.
- The treatment usually lasts for less than an hour in one of our Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Canberra clinics and can be done during consultations. Dermal fillers are introduced into the chin area to fill in the skin volume from the inside, making it more plump and contoured.
- There are different types of injectable dermal filler products that your Clinican can choose from. Each product varies as to how they fill in skin volume under the chin and the length it remains into the treated area. Your Clinician will recommend the type of dermal filler that will suit you best.
- At Total Face Group we use non-permanent dermal fillers. These are the most commonly used injectable since its effect lasts for 6 – 12 months and it can be easily reversed. Whereas, permanent fillers can only be removed through surgical means.
- Effects of dermal fillers typically lapse after some time, thereby; many clients choose to have regular sessions of injections to maintain the rejuvenated look of their chin.
- During the procedure, a topical anesthetic cream may be applied Small volumes of dermal filler injections will then be distributed into the pre-determined area along the chin area to make it more contoured and natural-looking.
- Chin enhancement treatments using dermal filler injections is a fast procedure with instant and visible results.
- Patients who undergo the procedure can go home or back to work immediately after the session.
POSSIBLE RISKS AND COMPLICATIONS
After dermal filler injections to enhance the chin area you may experience bruising, redness, tenderness and/or swelling. These symptoms usually last for about two days and can be covered up effectively with make-up.
Although rare, more serious complications may also occur and may include:
- Allergic reactions to the injected substance
- Moving of injected dermal fillers away from the treated site and causing lumps underneath the skin. Such lumps may be redistributed by massaging.
- Rubbing and touching the chin area after treatment may increase risks and complications so avoiding these activities for at least one week are recommended.
MAKE AN ENQUIRY FOR CHIN ENHANCEMENT TREATMENT
To make an enquiry or booking for chin enhancement treatment, just contact our general number on 13 32 23 or one of our clinics and speak to one of our friendly staff today.