The act of smiling can result in the formation of lines along the mouth area which are known as smile or laugh lines. These lines are deep creases extending out from the mouth and into the corners of the lower half of the face and become visible as a result of constant muscle movement stimulated by smiling. The repeated act of smiling also wears down the facial tissue and causes the formation of creases that remain even after smiling and more likely to become prominent in slim and older people.
There is a way to soften these smile lines while maintaining a natural appearance through dermal filler injections. This treatment helps to smooth out laugh lines and make the face look rejuvenated while preserving a natural feel. At Total Face Group, we have clinics around Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Sunshine Coast that are dedicated to offering smile enhancement and accordion line treatment to enable patients to look and feel the way they want.
WHO ARE THE POTENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR SMILE ENHANCEMENT & ACCORDION LINES TREATMENT?
Smile enhancement and accordion line treatment are suitable for adults, male or female, who want to lessen the appearance of deep lines along their mouth area and are in generally good health.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Reduction of risk is highly reduced through explaining what the procedure involves, so here are a few points about the process.
- Dermal fillers are injected around the smile lines to fill in and increase skin volume thereby making the skin look plumper and smile lines smoother.
- At Total Face Group we use non-permanent injectable fillers which give natural, smooth long lasting results but can be easily reversed.
- Treatments to smoothen smile lines usually last for 30 minutes. An anesthetic cream is applied to the pre-determined area to cause a numbing effect. Small volumes of dermal fillers will then be administered along the smile lines.
- Once the procedure is complete in one of our clinics, the patient is free to go home or back to work immediately due to no downtime.
- In some cases, results may be seen right away although for some it may take time before it becomes visible as some dermal filler takes about a week after the treatment to distribute and settle into the treated area.
- Over time, the body absorbs in the injected filler making the treated area return to its pre-treatment appearance so many clients opt for a regular shot of dermal fillers to maintain its natural and refreshed look.
POSSIBLE RISKS AND COMPLICATIONS
Smile enhancement treatment and accordion line treatment may cause slight discomfort such as swelling and redness but tends to resolve one to two days after. These symptoms can also be well hidden using make-up and is very rare for the patient to develop bruising. Serious complications are also rare but can occur and may include infections and allergic reactions to the injected area. Injected dermal fillers may also accumulate in one area forming bumps beneath the skin. These lumps can be massaged by your clinician to redistribute the fillers. Touching and rubbing the treated area should be avoided for a couple of days to ensure that the dermal filler will be distributed evenly and accordingly.
To make an enquiry or booking for a smile enhancement or accordion line treatment, just contact our general number on 13 32 23 or one of our clinics and speak to one of our friendly staff today!