Many people go through the process of jaw enhancement for various reasons and goals. Some may want to enhance the appearance of their jaw line and make it more defined and symmetrical. For some, they do this to rejuvenate the natural look of their jaw line after it begins to sag as a result of ageing or weight fluctuations.
But whatever their reasons and goals are, enhancing their jaw line is possible through the use of dermal filler injections. This procedure is done to fill in loose skin along the jaw line which results into a more rejuvenated and youthful appearance. Injection of dermal fillers can also smooth out the jaw’s outline which can increase its definition and decrease the jowls (folds of skin and fat that hangs underneath the jaw line). At Total Face Group, we have clinics around Australia that are dedicated to offering jaw line enhancement to enable patients to look and feel the way they want.
WHO ARE THE POTENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR JAW ENHANCEMENT?
A jaw enhancement may suit perfectly to the following:
- Adults with weak jaw line
- Adults who observe signs of ageing in the jaw line
- Adults, particularly men who desires to have a more chiseled jaw line
- Adults, particularly women who desires to have a softer jaw line
Enhancing the jaw line through the use of dermal filler injections has eliminated the need for invasive procedures. It can also effectively alter the outline along the jaw area so if you have been considering the idea of enhancing your jaw line, consult with your Clinician see whether this treatment would be good for you.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A JAW ENHANCEMENT PROCEDURE?
- There are various types of dermal filler injectable that can be used for jaw enhancement.
- During the procedure, small volumes of dermal filler injectables will be introduced to various pre-determined sites along the jaw line. As the session progresses and the skin starts to fill with volume, the contour along the jaw line will slowly change and will appear more defined and prominent. The treatment will also help tighten loose skin around the jaw area thereby making it look more natural and refreshed.
- The treatment may last for about 30 minutes in one of our clinics and once complete the patient can immediately go home or back to work with no downtime. Patients are also advised not to rub or touch the treated area for several days. They must also sleep in a position where in the head and neck is elevated for the first night.
- Effects of jaw line enhancement may last for about 6-12 months and after such time the body will absorb the injected material and the treated jaw line will return to its pre-treatment image. Most patients prevent this by scheduling return visits for maintenance.
POSSIBLE RISKS AND COMPLICATIONS
A jaw enhancement procedure may cause mild symptoms such as swelling and redness in the injection site. But these symptoms usually resolve after a few days and can be concealed using make-up.
Serious complications are rare but may include bleeding and infection. The injected material may also move away from the treated area and accumulate underneath the skin causing the formation of lumps. Most of the time, these lumps can be massaged by your clinician to redistribute the filler.
To make a booking or enquiry for a jaw enhancement, just contact our general number on 13 32 23 or one of our clinics and speak to one of our friendly staff today!