Nasolabial folds refer to the lines extending from either side of the nose and vertically towards the edges of the mouth.. Such lines tend to become more prominent and deeper as a person ages. This is due to the loss of fat volume within the cheeks and decrease in skin volume.
Fortunately, deep nasolabial folds can be treated using dermal filler injections. This procedure helps restore skin volume and smooth out and soften the appearance of deep creases. Once the filler is evenly distributed to the affected area, it will promote a softer and more natural-looking face. At Total Face Group, we have clinics around Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Canberra that are dedicated to offering nasolabial folds treatment to enable patients to look and feel the way they want.
WHO ARE THE POTENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR NASOLABIAL FOLDS TREATMENT?
Formation of nasolabial folds are more likely to occur with older and slimmer individuals since they tend to have lesser fat and skin volume. A person’s genetic make-up may also play a vital role as to how pronounced these lines may appear in the face. Therefore, any adults who are in a generally good health may be fit to undergo this procedure.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM NASOLABIAL FOLDS TREATMENT
- Dermal filler injections will be administered adjacent to the nasolabial folds to soften the appearance. Your Clinician will recommend the best type of dermal filler injectable that will suit you best.
- At Total Face Group we only use non-permanent dermal fillers as they give natural, long lasting results but are also reversible.
- The procedure takes around 30 minutes in one of our Melbourne clinics. Its starts by applying an anesthetic cream into the pre-determined area of treatment. Small volumes of filler will then be injected adjacent to the naso-labial fold to increase the volume in the surrounding area and therefore minimise the appearance of nasolabial folds.
- Recovery period is not needed so patients can go back to their daily activities immediately.
- Effects of non-permanent dermal filler may last from 6 – 12 months. After such time, the body will absorb the injected material and the treated area will return to its pre-treatment appearance and as preventive measures most patients opt to have periodic sessions of dermal filler injectable to maintain their revitalized look.
POSSIBLE RISKS AND COMPLICATIONS
Redness, swelling and tenderness are common after the treatment. But these symptoms generally resolve within two days and can be concealed using make-up. Mild bruising may be notice as well.
Serious complications are rare but may include allergic reactions to the injected material and infections. In some cases, the injected filler may also move away from the injection site and form lumps beneath the skin. These lumps can be massaged by the Clinician to redistribute the filler.
MAKE A BOOK OR ENQUIRY FOR A NASOLABIAL FOLDS TREATMENT
To make a booking or enquiry for a nasolabial folds treatment, just contact our general number on 13 32 23 or one of our clinics and speak to one of our friendly staff today!