Our tear troughs are the area of soft tissue underneath the eye area. This region loses it’s far deposits over time and eventually sags and leads to the formation of wrinkles, dark circles and hollow spots. The occurrence of these areas in the face can make a person look much older and more tired than usual. The common area of concern is the dark ‘under-eye’ bags. Tear trough defects can be caused by various factors such as: lifestyle, genetics, ageing and lack of sleep. These factors can contribute to the sagging effect in these areas although sagging is mainly caused by the loss in facial fat along the cheek area and under the eye. Luckily, there is a non-invasive approach to alleviate the effects of tear trough defects by injecting very small amounts of dermal filler above the eye socket bone.
The dermal filler is administered and massaged into the fatty tissues beneath the eye, which adds volume into the depressed areas within the skin. The procedure can promote a more refreshed appearance by filling in the hollow areas under the eye and concealing dark circles once the injectable fills in the affected area. At Total Face Group, we have clinics around Melbourne that are dedicated to offering tear trough treatment to enable patients to look and feel the way they want.
WHO ARE THE POTENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR TEAR TROUGH TREATMENT?
Many people prefer tear trough treatment than the traditional blepharoplasty surgery because of various reasons such as:
- The treatment does not need general anesthesia or numbing agents.
- It does not leave unwanted and unappealing incision scars.
- Effects are only temporary so patients can undergo the treatment without worrying of its lifetime change in their look.
The best candidates for a tear trough treatment are:
- Adults, male or female in their mid-30s or above
- Adults who desire to lessen signs of ageing
- Adults who think that the formation of creases under their eye can make them look older and more exhausted
- Older patients with moderate skin sagging or puffiness within this area
- Younger individuals who are born with tear trough defects
Interested individuals must seek an expert advice to determine if this treatment will work for their best interest as it is not suitable for all patients.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A TEAR TROUGH TREATMENT?
- Dermal fillers will be injected into the under-eye area with half a millimeter of the product or less in each eye.
- A second session may be needed with 6-9 months interval. A third session may be recommended as well but only after several months to ensure that the desired effect will be achieved.
- The treatment will usually take 30 minutes in one of our Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Canberra clinics.
- The dermal filler injectable contains an anesthetic substance that gives a numbing effect. Therefore, patients may only feel a slight pinch when the needle is inserted into the skin. Small volumes of the dermal filler will be introduced into the pre-determined area to fill in the hollow areas and make it even.
- A recovery period is not needed after the treatment so patients can go back to their activities right away. Results may become evident instantly and may last for 6 months to 3 years.
POSSIBLE RISKS AND COMPLICATIONS
Patients may experience mild symptoms such as bruising, swelling, redness and tenderness after the treatment. These usually resolve within a week and can be concealed using make-up. The success rate of the treatment is generally high and serious complications are rare.
MAKE A BOOK OR ENQUIRY FOR A TEAR TROUGH TREATMENT
To make a booking or enquiry for tear trough treatment, just contact our general number on 13 32 23 or one of our clinics and speak to one of our friendly staff today!