One of the areas of the face that shows early signs of ageing is the area within the temple region. It is situated near the edges of the eye; however, it is often overlooked when a client undergoes facial rejuvenation. The skin within this area is also more likely to become thin and may lose elasticity and volume as a person ages, leaving a hollow, sunken and depressed look, which can make an individual appear tired and ill. There are also cases that patients develop “crow’s feet” wrinkles that lengthen to the temple area due to constant eye movement. This can also make the face look older than usual. Fortunately, there are dermal filler products to help increase skin volume into the affected area and fill in wrinkles from within the skin. These injectables can restore facial balance by filling up lost skin volume, thereby promoting a more natural and youthful appearance. At Total Face Group, we have clinics around Melbourne that are dedicated to offering temple injection treatment to enable patients to look and feel the way they want.
WHO ARE THE POTENTIAL CANDIDATES FOR TEMPLE INJECTION TREATMENT?
A temple injection treatment may be suitable for adults, male or female, who desire to lessen appearance of sunken hollows along their temple area or those who had been constantly bothered by the emergence of these problem areas. This procedure can be recommended also to individuals who want to reduce signs of ageing or to those who wants to treat their sunken temples that may be caused through genetic inheritance. However, to be good candidates for temple treatments, clients should be in good overall health to undergo the procedure.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A TEMPLE INJECTION TREATMENT?
- Sunken skin and wrinkles on the temple area are treated by injecting dermal filler products into the affected site to fill in lost volume and restore its natural look.
- The procedure starts by applying a topical anesthetic cream into the affected area to produce a numbing effect. The long-lasting dermal filler gel is then injected directly into the temples using thin needles. The introduction of the product into the temporal region will replace its lost volume and will make the treated area rejuvenated and youthful looking.
- Temple treatments using dermal fillers usually take less than an hour to finish in one of our Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Canberra clinics. Patients can also go back to work or go home right after the procedure is completed.
- In some cases, results can be noticed instantly. Although for others, it may take a week after the procedure to see visible results as the filler may still continue to fill in skin volume and distribute it evenly and accordingly.
- Effects of temple filler injections may last for 9-12 months. After which, the treated area may return to its pre-treatment appearance. To prevent this from happening, most patients opt to have regular treatments of dermal filler to maintain the rejuvenated look of their temples.
POSSIBLE RISKS AND COMPLICATIONS
Minor side effects are common after a temple injection treatment and may include redness, slight tenderness, jaw ache and swelling. Bruising may develop as well but most the time these symptoms resolve only a few days after the procedure and can be concealed using make-up.
Complications are rare but can be possible and may include allergic reaction to the injected material and infection. In some cases, the injected filler may also build up in one area and form lumps beneath the skin. These lumps can be massaged to redistribute the injected filler.
MAKE A BOOK OR ENQUIRY FOR A TEMPLE INJECTION TREATMENT
To make a booking or enquiry for a temple enhancement treatment, just contact our general number on 13 32 23 or one of our clinics and speak to one of our friendly staff today.